mardi 18 août 2015

LEADER #2



" If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader"

-John Quincy Adams- 

I remember exactly when I found out about Alix Brown.
It was two years ago, in september, a few weeks before a job interview with Asos France. One of the questions to prepare the interview in Lille was to write about a it girl who could be on the cover of the Asos Mag. I hesitated for a long time between Alix and her pal, Tennessee Thomas.
I finally choose Thomas, failed the interview (lack of experience, they said...) and cheered myself up by listening the soundclound of these two cool cats, who happen to be a DJ duo.
But I love Alix and I can almost say that I'm obsessed with her. Anybody who knows me a bit know why. Well, yeh, I'm one of these girls who have an unhealty obsession for the swinging sixties, its fashion and its music. Alix looks like she's straight outta of this era. DJ, musician and fashion muse, the New-York based blondie babe gave me the pleasure to answer to some of my questions. Anyway, this is pretty damn long introduction to submit this interview... 
Let's go !

Hello Alix, can you introduce yourself to my french readers who dont know you? (how old are you, where do you live, your occupations etc…)


Hi! I’m Alix Brown. I’m a musician, DJ, and I have my own beauty line coming out this Fall and I currently live in NYC.

Where do you find your inspirations for your look ?

Usually just wear clothes that people give me or I find randomly. 

Who are your fashion and music inspos ?

Anita Pallenberg, Nancy Sinatra, Betty Davis (singer not the actress), Gram Parsons and Elvis.


Where does your love for vintage and sixities come from? 

I’ve just always loved all the decades except the one I was born in.

What is your programme for the next months ?

DJ a lot, make a solo record, and launch a beauty line.

What are your favourites cities ? why ?

Memphis. It has the best food and so much soul.

Best places to eat in NY ?

Omen, Mogador, Blue Ribbon Brasserie, Macao, Cafe Sabarsky 

Best places to shop in NY ?

The Deep End Club

Favourite meal ? 

A huge plate of sashimi with a side of BBQ ribs.

What advice can you give to wannabe dj ?

Collect vinyl records.
DJ duo : Alix & Tennesse

I've never been to America. 
To your opinion, where should a first time visitor go in USA ?

New Orleans would be perfect because it’s unlike any city in the world. It’s super hot though, so I don’t recommend going in the summer. Maybe rent a car and go to Memphis and Nashville too.

Do you believe in God ?

No. I went to Christian private school in my early years as well. It always seemed like a sham.

Love is a essential matter in the sixties songs, what are you opinion about it (even if it seems that you found the love of your life, lucky you!!) ? 

Well, we’re actually already getting divorced! Ha! Honestly, love always has a way of coming back around. Even when you feel like it isn’t. You just need to have a few good one night stands to get your mind off him first!



Do you have a crew of friends? 

I have a few close friends. I try not to keep too many.

When will you come back to Paris ?!!

SOON!

Xxx





Tumblr : http://legrandshumba.tumblr.com/
Instagram : https://instagram.com/alix_brown/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/alixlowinbrown 

*** All the pics are from Alix Brown's tumblr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire